State Scout Youth Council
19th – 21st October 2018
Location: Cataract Scout Park
Commencing: 6:00pm, Friday, 19th October 2018
Concluding: 1:30pm, Sunday, 21st October 2018
Closing Date for applications: Sunday, 14th October 2018.
Registrations open now. Click Here
Mitchell Stubbs – Assistant State Commissioner Scouts
PH: 0449 559 722
Download the Information Sheet by clicking here
About The State Scout Youth Council
The State Scout Youth Council is an important mechanism for Youth Involvement in the decision making process of the Scout Section of NSW. The Youth Council is consulted on a range of issues affecting youth people in Scouting and the direction of Scouts within NSW. The work of the State Scout Youth Council will consider a range of topics and issues requested by various Leadership Teams as well as investigation into matters identified by members of the State Scout Youth Council and their peers.
Membership to the NSW State Scout Youth Council is for youth members aged between 12 and a half and 15. Youth applicants should be actively involved in their Scout Troop, District Scout Youth Council and Region Scout Youth Council. There is a restriction of three (3) members per region on the Youth Council.
For the March State Scout Youth Council, we are seeking applications Scouts who are keen to be heard, can work as a team and interested in having an active say in the progression of the Scout Section in NSW. Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Submit applications by the closing date. Application forms must be complete and accurate to be accepted.
- Make full payment; and
- Are able to provide longevity (6-12 months at least) to the council.
The State Scout Youth Council is run by youth members and facilitated by Venturer Scouts as mentors. Scouts will work together over the weekend and have a unique opportunity to spend some time with the NSW Chief Commissioner listening and sharing ideas. There will be an evening activity on Saturday night providing a very social atmosphere for further collaboration.
Scout Eligibility Criteria
- Must be a registered member of Scouts Australia NSW at the time of application and through till 22nd October 2018
- Has consent from their parents/guardian
- Scouts must obtain Troop Council Endorsement as well as their Regional Commissioners recommendation
- Displays an attitude that they are doing their best to keep the Scout Promise and Law
- Is willing to participate fully in the weekend program
How to Apply
Applications for the State Scout Youth Council must be completed and ‘submitted’ online. Online applications will close at midnight on 14th October 2018.
Once you have ‘submitted’ your application, you then need to print it and:
- Scouts: ensure that a parent and/or guardian (where applicable) signs the Agreement, Activities and Authority form and ticks the appropriate boxes for Activities, Authority and Court Order.
- Venturers: ensure that a parent and/or guardian (where applicable) signs the Agreement, Activities and Authority form and ticks the appropriate boxes for Activities, Authority and Court Order.
- Leaders, Rovers and Other Adult Members: ensure that the Agreement, Activities and Authority form is signed by yourself.
SCOUT applicants need to obtain a Troop Council Endorsement as well as their Region Commissioner Scout’s authority. This is because the Region can only subscribe three (3) participants to the event.
ENSURE you email your signed paperwork to Mitch.Stubbs@nsw.scouts.com.au ASAP.
You will receive emails as your application proceeds through the system, and remember at any time, you can contact Mitchell Stubbs – Assistant State Commissioner Scouts for assistance.
The cost of the weekend covers food, material, facility hire, accommodation and evening activity. This fee does not include any merchant fees payable via the payment gateway or your transport to and from the activity..
Our PREFERRED method of payment is via the online application system*. Payment can be made as soon as your application is accepted. You will be notified of your application acceptance once your Region Commissioner Scouts has confirmed your attendance.
If you are unable to pay via the online application system, you can make payment via Cash or Cheque. This payment MUST be received BEFORE Midnight 14th October 2018 with a print out of the Applicant Details page of your application. Please contact Mitchell Stubbs (Assistant State Commissioner Scouts NSW) on 0449 559 722 or Mitch.Stubbs@nsw.scouts.com.au if you wish to pay using this option.
*credit card fees may be applicable