|Dear Scout Leader,
If you’re a Scout Leader during an Australian Jamboree, that’s where you want to be!
The 25th National Australian Scout Jamboree is on from 4 to 13 January 2019 at the brand new $100 million Bend Motorsport Park at Tailem Bend, the Murraylands, South Australia.
SEE THE ADVENTURE!
Click to check out the AJ2019 Promotional Video
This is your chance to experience the best of Scouting over 10 action-packed days of fun and excitement. AJ2019 is the ultimate Scouting experience that you’ll remember for a lifetime.
Here’s just some of your AJ2019 Experience!
• stadium shows • live nightly entertainment • lots of food • dance parties • market day • dress-ups • high ropes • concerts • circus training • flying and gliding • land yachting, solar and pedal car racing on the V8 supercar track • water activities on the nearby rivers • BMX racing on the rally track
Scouts will also have the opportunity to enjoy three days of off-site activities in places that include the Murraylands, a wide game in Adelaide city and the River Torrens, and an overnight patrol activity at the Woodhouse Activity Centre in the Adelaide Hills.
You and your Scouts could share this amazing adventure camping together as part of a Jamboree Troop of about six patrols (36 Scouts) and five adult leaders, along with 10,000 Scouts from all across Australia and the world who will together make the Jamboree campsite South Australia’s fourth largest town.
Don’t Miss Out!
To go to AJ2019,
- Scout Leaders must be members of Scouts NSW and have completed all training appropriate to their role.
- Scouts must be under 15 years of age before 4 January 2019, have earned their Scout Pioneer badge (or Milestone One and Stage 3 Core Outdoor Skills for YPR New Program ‘Pioneer’ Groups) by October 2018, and have camped under canvas for 10 nights as a Scout at a Scout activity with three of those nights being consecutive.
The Australian Jamboree is a massive event that is only held every three years so most Scouts have just this one opportunity to attend. You’ve got a year to get ready – plenty of time!
Are you ready for the fun, adventure and friendship? APPLY NOW!
Applications for AJ2019 are open now! Go to https://applications.aj2019.com.au/
The cost is $1390 for Leaders, Adult Helpers, Rovers and Venturers ($1855 for Scouts). This includes all activities, food, camping, transport – everything you need (except Air Activities). Also included is a NSW Contingent 90L bag for all your stuff, a 20L daypack for when you’re out and about, and a hat, scarf, AJ2019 shirt, badge, and identity tag.
You don’t have to pay all at once. The first payment ($450) is due with application by 16 March 2018, the second payment ($470) by 31 July 2018, and the final payment ($470) by 30 September 2018. If you’re able to tuck away $127 per month for the next 11 months, you’ll have enough to cover your Leader fee to Jamboree – and that’s without fundraising!
Scout Leaders are invited to attend AJ2019 as ‘Line Leaders’ or ‘Service Leaders’
- ‘Line Leaders’ camp with the Scout Troop and take on the formal roles like Jamboree Troop Leader, Quartermaster, Activities Leader and Welfare Leader.
- ‘Service Leaders’ are all leaders not connected to a Troop. Service Leaders are welcome from any section of Scouting. There’s so many opportunities to attend as a Service Leader and being part of the awesome Jamboree activities, or in the medical centre, marketing, administration, logistics, etc. This is the fantastic team who help run all other aspects of AJ2019.
Get ready, get excited, and get going!
Please encourage ALL of your eligible Scouts to attend AJ2019! In coming weeks, we’ll be adding a schedule of upcoming camps and activities to the www.patroltent.com NSW Contingent information page – there’s lots of opportunities to meet the required nights under canvas.
Also speak with your Group Leader/Leader in Charge, your fellow Scout Leaders, and the Cub Leaders in your Group to identify the Cub Scouts- especially those who are 10.5 or older at the end of 2017 – that you think are ready to go up to up to Scouts at the beginning of 2018 so they’ve also got a year to get ready. Most of those Cubs will also have a chance to go to AJ2022 so it’s up to those Cubs, their parents, and the Leaders if they want to/should attend AJ2019.
Updated ‘Get Out in New South Wales’ Badge Scheme
We’ve also refreshed the ‘Get Out in New South Wales Badge Scheme’ including the awesome Jam-Packed Award to show that a Scout has completed the preparation requirements to attend AJ2019 within a twelve month period. This is a great way to incentivise Scouts. Learn more here: www.patroltent.com/get-new-south-wales/
Start your fundraising NOW!
With a bit of effort and early planning, many Scout Troops can raise enough money to make AJ2019 attractive to most Scouts and Leaders. Get everyone involved and get started with your fundraising today.
Want to Know More?
There’s lots of FAQs, details on transport, a packing list, and heaps more AJ2019 information at www.patroltent.com. Have a look and you’ll quickly become an AJ2019 expert!
We’ll also be keeping you up to date and sharing the AJ2019 adventure with news, photos and videos so make sure you follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter.
Apply now at https://applications.aj2019.com.au/.
We look forward to seeing you at AJ2019!
AJ2019 NSW Contingent Leader
NSW State Commissioner – Scouts
NSW State Commissioner – Cub Scouts