Advanced Scout Leadership Course
Hosted by Greater Western Sydney Region – March 2019
Opening Parade: 5:00pm, Friday, 8th March 2019
Closing Parade: 4:00pm, Sunday, 10th March 2019
Closing Date for applications: Friday, 22nd February 2019.
Registrations open now. Click Here
Tracey Stopps – Course Leader
PH: 0414 816 944
About The Course
The Advanced Scout Leadership Course is a residential course, designed for Scouts aimed to provide advanced and life leadership skills to build and develop on the skills learnt from the Basic Scout Leadership Course. The program is organised and run in line with the principles of scouting – it is practical, full of activities and based on the Patrol System. To ensure all participants have a great experience, this course is open to all Scout’s within NSW.
For the March 2019 intake, we are seeking Scouts who meet the eligibility criteria. PRIORITY will be based on:
- Applications received by the closing date. Application forms must be complete and accurate to be accepted.
- Full payment received; and
- Applicants who missed out on previous courses.
The Advanced Scout Leadership Course is run by highly experienced Scout Leaders. They will be helping the Scouts learn and enjoy a range of day and night activities to develop their leadership skills. This course is primarily ‘Unsupervised’ with Youth Members working together, in a patrol to navigate in public open spaces. The activities are set to test Scouts initiative. There will be extended periods working as a Patrol, away from direct supervision of adults in unfamiliar areas. Youth will be hiking, catching public transport, completing challenges, preparing meals etc. with regular checkpoints during the day.
Scout Eligibility Criteria
- Must be a registered member of Scouts Australia NSW at the time of application and through till the end of the event
- Has consent from their parents/guardian
- Has attained their Explorer Level in the Award Scheme (or close to it)
- Displays an attitude that they are doing their best to keep the Scout Promise and Law
- Is willing to participate fully in the course program
- Is ‘fit’ for the course. (There is a substantial amount of walking to cover over the weekend)
How to Apply
Applications for the Advanced Scout Leadership Course must be completed and ‘submitted’ online. Online applications will close at midnight on 22nd February 2019. Once you have ‘submitted’ your application, you will NOT need to print it
The cost of the weekend covers food, material, facility hire and accommodation. This fee does not include any merchant fees payable via the payment gateway.
Our PREFERRED method of payment is via the online application system*.
Payment can be made as soon as you Submit your application via Direct Deposit You can make payment via Cash or Cheque or credit card. This payment MUST be received at GWSR Office BEFORE Midnight 8th September 2018 with a print out of the Applicant Details page of your application. Please contact GWSR Office on 9639 2488 if you wish to pay using this option.
*credit card fees may be applicable